FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus in Sweden
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2022, 4:35 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, it could also make it worse at times. That said, consolidation/limiting screening checkpoints at ARN and the mess that has followed for me at times this year with getting airside at ARN has not been as much a consequence of a lack of people to staff the checkpoints as its has been a consequence of the airport's unwillingness to have all the checkpoints' equipment staffed in full . Even if it were otherwise, the messes have been due to a lack of will by the airport to open up as much as possible; it's not been for a lack of people to employ. What's not been lacking has been the airport owner/operator's will to go cheap with the security screening checkpoints and let the pain of such cheapness to fall on the passengers. Unfortunately, that's nothing new when it comes to airports.

Every SAS hub airport that has moved to more centralized/consolidated checkpoints within the past 20 years has been done in the name of "efficiency" -- efficiency for the airport owner/operators rather than for passengers like me. That airport-pursued "efficiency" allows for the airport owner/operator to lower its costs per passenger processed at the screening checkpoints but it does me no general good in terms of disappearing the crowded security screening areas at ARN. And the airport seems more of a mess now than it was at this time in 2019. It will be interesting to see how the rest of this year at ARN compares to what it was like with security screening checkpoints there before the pandemic, but as of now it looks like more passengers should be looking to pay up money to use priority security screening lines than before the pandemic in Sweden; that or plan to pay up more in time at ARN security screening checkpoints.