FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2022, 2:03 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Earthman

Aha!
I feel like such a noob 😂
Saw a lovely DUB LIS GIG fare for €1700 in J
How many status miles would that earn ?
OK TAP being TAP this needs further interpretation.
1) The deadline for you is probably longer tham March 2023, it will be the date on the front of the digital card (May 2023?). Having said that, if you do hit the target before March it then makes your second year clearer to obtain.
2) The "or" statement is actually "and". So you need 25k Plus 4 TAP flights. From DUB that's easy since even a DUB to OPO can easily be 4 segments return. Normally the segment test is very high so it's an "or" but for the status match it's different.
3) Don't even look at the App version - it's completely wrong.

For DUB-LIS-GIG - well I can't believe I'm doing this, since I'm sure you are also capable of looking at the screens, but
a) Do a single dummy booking DUB-LIS - this shows 1535 miles in Executive
b) Do a single dummy booking LIS-GIG - this shows 7203 miles in Executive
c) Add the two together = 8738 miles
d) Add in the Gold uplift if you are on TAP metal = 13,107
e) Double the above, assuming you will return to DUB on TAP = 26,214 miles
So you will see that trip alone gets you the 25k. In fact some economy trips - not in the lowest fare categories - DUB to SFO will get you to 25k for around 900€, Note that TAP has occasional flash sales with double status points, so even economy to BOS - a very short flight - can give heaps of miles, though the (d) bit is not doubled.

If you joined one of the Club M&G options your Bonus miles - used for redemptions - will be slightly more that 26k, and you'll get a small number of Status miles from them too.