FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2022, 8:45 pm
Ebullient

Sudden unavail for purchase of UA363/362 (non-stop EWR-HNL & HNL-EWR) 5/26-6/30

These flights are available through and including 25 May 2022, but beginning 26 May and spanning through 30 June, they aren't... until availability resumes 1 July.

I am on flights during the "unavailable" period and my reservation looks ok without notice of schedule change or apparent equipment change (I've had two schedule changes and one equipment change in the last few weeks that I had to discover myself - not a peep from United on them). I can pull the seat map with the free tool on ExpertFlyer and see PLENTY of available seats when I pick a date between 5/26-6/30 and look.

To me this smacks of a data issue - perhaps as inventory was loaded it was interrupted/corrupted. I both called UA and contacted via Twitter without any sort of realistic answer provided.

Could someone who has the tools at hand check to see if there are seats available for sale in any of the various fare buckets? Something just seems off with this to me. When searching for flights on United.com or any other search tool or sales tool, there are no non-stop flights between EWR/HNL available at all for that entire period - not a single seat available for sale.

I'm curious as to what's actually going on here! I noticed this on 5/1 after speaking to a friend who expressed interest in tagging along on the trip - nothing at all was showing available, so I expanded the search beyond the intended dates to find this big black hole

Last edited by Ebullient; May 3, 2022 at 9:00 pm Reason: forgot to mention why I was looking at availability