FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old May 2, 2022, 12:18 pm
coleslaw

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rvlcr
hello - does anyone know whether i am actually required to book a room on hyatt.com in order to request a BRG? im looking to book 3 rooms at a resort and the total cost for 3 rooms (per hyatt's) rate is 36K for 10 nights in each room. i dont want to drop 36K in deposit (yes, i know itll be refuned, but its still 36k..) in order to prove a point that might very well get rejected. i submitted a claim yesterday with a fake conf. number (wrote that in the comments) but havent heard back, despite the promised 24H turnaround.

the hyatt rep in charge of validating hte BRG can easily go online and check the rate themsleves so im not sure what the point of needing to secure a booking is.
Yes you need a booking. If they approve the BRG they’ll amend the existing booking… if there isn’t a (real) booking then there’s nothing for them to approve.

It’s unlikely that the property will charge the deposit at booking, despite what the deposit / cancellation policy says. You could also try calling them and making the booking at the same time as the BRG.