FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2021 edition
View Single Post
Old May 2, 2022, 8:04 am
RichieMc

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by josh100
Hi Everyone,

1st post here. Thanks to all the amazing info here I recently (before the increase) booked my first TP run for this October: SOF-LHR-HEL-JFK-BOS-LAX-BOS-JFK-HEL-LHR-SOF for £1073 on the phone with BA. In my excitement I then immediately booked my positioning flights LHR-SOF (£215 in CW) and return on the same dates as the start and end of the run, having read here that B2B's in SOF are possible.

Now that I've read and understood a little more, I'm thinking I should have booked the positioning flight for at least 1 day earlier. The flights are not flexible as I'm flying in October, so now I either need BA to extend BWC another month and then I can bring the LHR-SOF a day earlier, or for USA to drop testing requirements so I can do online check-in and just do the B2B.

Or should I pay the extra £100 change fee and bring the positioning flight forward a day? Appreciate any advice on my dilemma!
Many thanks.
It should probably be ok and it really depends on your personal risk tolerance. But personally I think it’s definitely worth bringing the first flight forward a day as your whole trip gets vaporised if you don’t make that first leg. It’s just much less stressful and a night in Sofia is a fun little mini break. Hotel is cheap.

If you’ve booked in the last 24 hours, you can still cancel for a refund and rebook.