FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A question for cabin crew re: gifts / chocolates
Old May 2, 2022, 4:58 am
SKT-DK

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
That my Darling is what is called being a Gentleman. Mum always said "what you put into life, you get back from life" - and that is the best example of all. You were her Champion. Well done you!
Thank you, madam Pucci! Just doing what is right, and helping someone being treated unfairly is the least we all can do. As a side note, the captain was ready to offload the guy, from what I was told based on the crew’s account of things and the support they received.

We did not hear a peep from the guy after that, but I had a great talk with the crew in the galley after that about everything from life to careers and all.. And all this was as human to human, not ‘service staff to passenger’!

Originally Posted by Misco60
I fear that we are heading down the same road as some other countries, where appreciation of service can only be shown by showering the person with money and gifts - and where, in fact, such a materialistic show of appreciation is now expected by the person whose job it is to serve you.

I like living in a country where, for the most part, a simple smile and "thank you" are still sufficient.
I could not agree more!!