FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]
Old Apr 28, 2022, 7:32 am
Glitch33

Originally Posted by philip1792
I don’t want to set hares running, but I recall discussion further up this thread on this exact issue. My recollection (which may not be correct) is that whilst you, the consumer, do not notice a difference in the product booked (still ATOL protected, can pay a deposit etc.), the BA systems treat the booking methods (booking via the flight/car or flight/hotel tool, or selecting a flight and then adding a car/hotel via the flight booking process) differently and bookings made via the latter method may not qualify for double tier points.

I hope I’ve misremembered but you may wish to do some more digging to clarify this to be on the safe side (you might be able to cancel and rebook if travel is before 30 Sept). Alternatively, someone might be kind enough to correct me!
This had me a bit worried as I had a qualifying BAH trip to St Lucia in March and another to Austin TX in May.

I can't remember how I booked it - pretty sure flight + Hotel.

Did a check this morning and even if I do Flight only, then add hotel it takes you to Flight + Hotel and the qualifying Hotels (price threshold) have the double TP offer against them. ATOL certs say BAH, single transaction on both of them.

I've sent a chaser, coming up to 60 days since return. Just need 45 for Bronze then Silver after double TP for Austin.

Will be peeved if that doesn't run to plan.