FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)
Old Apr 26, 2022, 7:18 pm
sudden729

Programs: AA EXP, SPG GLD, Starbucks (SBUX) Super Duper Executive Gold Global Priority Platinum Prestige
Originally Posted by corky
There are too many posts to wade through. Has anyone had them refuse to honor the first year free of annual fees? I gave a friend of mine the application (I already had the card) back when they passing out 60k miles with no annual fee. She told me yesterday that she has been fighting with them for months as they won't post the 60k miles unless she pays a $99 annual fee. She still has the application (I think she applied online or over the phone) that says no annual fee for the first year and had given them the promo code on the application but they are not budging. She has used the card a few times and is pretty pissed that they aren't honoring the application.
Any suggestions or experiences with this?
Methinks your friend’s application wasn’t tied to the right promo correctly or she didn’t follow the right steps. There are two offers I’ve seen. One is pay annual fee and make a first purchase BOTH within the first 90 days. Second offer is make a first purchase within 90 days and annual fee is waived. If Barclays is saying she has an annual fee, sounds like she got the first offer