FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JetStar - can I board a SIN-HKT flight arriving from Europe?
Old Apr 26, 2022, 5:37 pm
AirCanada881

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by akl_cat
Just did a transit through Changi this past weekend. We had 5 hours in transit so decided to clear immigration so we could sneak out to the hawker centre at Changi Village for some long overdue Nasi Lemak fixes.

We did all of the pre-paperworks online so the whole process was a breeze at the airport. Hardly anyone clearing through immigration in or out (all counters were empty and officers twiddling their thumbs). Most of the people are transiting and staying within the airside. We went out at around 7:30am and came back in around 10am.

So I would say very doable with 2 hour and 10 mins. The only complication was the immigration officer was reluctant to let us out even though we had 5 hours of transit time. He said something along the line that they wouldn't have let us out if it was under 3 hours or something, but I guess that's because for us we had our onward BP and Nasi Lemak was just frivolous (well to him it was but not to me!)
That is very reassuring thank you. I'm actually in flight right now on board TK54 and our flight is going to land early so I'm well relaxed now and about to enjoy some Turkish mezzes