FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AM: TIJ to/from Multiple cities from $244 (great MQD Runs)
Old Apr 24, 2022, 12:07 am
Bowgie

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Do Not Log In as an AM ff Member to Enter a Skymile ff number

Originally Posted by gnatgirl
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this, but I tried searching (here and the greater internet) and couldn't find a clear answer. I a a diamond in SAN and want to fly TIJ-MEX-CUN on AM (booking through AM). I created an AM account, but can't find anywhere to put my SkyMiles number. Called AM and they were no help. I don't think the agent understood what I was asking. How do I get these accounts to talk to each other so I can get my miles and upgrade benefits?
You can't get ff miles from both AM's program and Delta's ff program (Skymiles) for the same trip. If you want Skymiles, then do not use an AeroMexico login when you go to their website to buy the ticket. On AM's website (and not logged in), after you choose your flight, you enter your biographical info. Scroll down and you'll see a blank box for ff program. Click the tiny triangle to open a pick list, and select Delta Skymiles.

When flying, keep all your boarding passes in case miles do not post. If they do not post, you have to follow up with Delta (not AeroMexico). If AeroMexico miles post on the trip, then you are not going to get Delta Skymiles.