FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American have changed the flight time and the aircraft - and I have to pay the differ
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:06 am
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
With Apologies For Having Been Out of Town and Unable to Respond to OP . . . . . . .

They operate to AA standards (for better or worse) using slightly smaller aircraft -- CR9s and E175s/190s versus 737s and A320s. Most passengers don't perceive the difference. On BOS-ORD you are liable to get an E175 aboard which "first class" is a 2+1 layout, "Main Cabin Extra" 2+2; some prefer this arrangement to a mainline aircraft as there are no middle seats.

On an approx. two-hour sector like this there will be drinks and hopefully wifi. I can't say about food, snack basket pass, etc.
. . . . . on a balky hotel computer.

The person quoted above is correct about the probable equipment. Looks like Envoy flies E175's on the route.

But I disagree about being able to perceive the difference. The E175 is generally a better ride; at least for a short ride. The are smoother and don't porpoise like 737's, or feel super-claustrophobic like the sardine-can A319's (which is the only aircraft in the fleet I actively try and schedule around). Now an even smaller RJ is a different matter.