FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions, Experiences [2022]
Old Apr 22, 2022, 6:54 pm
telemark27

Programs: UA GS 2MM+, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, & Hertz PC
Originally Posted by n8-the-gr8
I received a mid-year invite a few years back (pre-pandemic) and can offer some additional data points. I proactively emailed them early in the year after having flown $52k in non-tax spend on UA metal to request a review. I was declined an invitation at that point despite having another ~$15k in tickets booked - they noted in their response that booked but uninitiated travel is not considered (which makes sense given that changes to travel plans are likely higher with high-volume international business travelers).

A few months later (June or July), once I had hit ~$67k in spend I received an email out of the blue from GS Review inviting me mid-year to Global Services. This was a ~1-2 month lag after that travel (and associated revenue) had been logged in my account. Obviously the threshold for mid-year review may look different this year and I was never GS previously so that could certainly be a factor.

Originally I emailed 1K Voice with the review request and they correctly routed it to the GS Review team so either should work.
Seconding this - had similar experience with a rapid acceleration in spend due to new job in Europe (was 1-K at that point), and got a mid year surprise from GS around the same time you referenced.