FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed- Downgraded due to US immigration queue
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:22 pm
choosethedrew

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Seems to be some element of pot calling a kettle black. I recently flew SYD-LAX , LAX-ORD and ORD-LHR ; I had warned my foster son on arrival to LAX that queues for immigration can be really bad. On arrival, ended up finding an almost empty immigration hall and a total of 6 people ahead of us. Were through immigration and had collected baggage within 20 minutes of arrival. If we had been connecting same day, then would have had loads of time to spare

Security for departures at LAX and at ord - only hold up was how long it took to take shoes off

Arrived into Heathrow T2 and then joined a 55 minute queue for the self service immigration - this was using a UK passport to enter UK
At the moment, you’re right - certain UK terminals are a mess.

However, when things were working normally, a US passport holder would be out of a UK airport faster than a UK passport holder out of a US one, as a general rule. As to whether things go back to that anytime soon, who knows.