FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 500-mile upgrades / stickers converting to Loyalty Points; discussion, options
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:19 am
MASTERNC

Originally Posted by redtop43
So aren't all upgrades free now? What is this "upgrade somebody in the next two months?"

I kind of wonder, when they make a huge change like this (LP's and free upgrades), do they have anyone anywhere who vets this stuff. Like maybe 2 gold's, 2 plat's, 2 PPros, 2 EXP's, and 2 CK's, who are sworn to secrecy, and then they say "Here's what we're thinking of doing, tell me what unintended consequences it will have, if any?" When you consider that based on the financials, AAdvantage is worth more than the airline itself, you'd think they'd be really careful.
I was able to upgrade my fiancée with two certificates on one flight. There were no elites on it (Sunday morning flight to Florida). On the return flight on a Wednesday afternoon, we were at the bottom of the upgrade list. It's possible to use the certificates in the next two months but it's very difficult if you are a Gold level flyer.