FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be aware: LH not following their own T&C rules for cancelled award tickets
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:43 pm
callmedtop

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NYC1
Amazing and congratulations! I'd keep checking for availability--I'd also call in because sometimes availability on the site and phone are not the same. If you can't find it by 6/30, make dummy reservations in C as late as possible in 2023 and keep tracking for F availability and if it opens up cancel/rebook AT THE SAME TIME via phone.

PS I am sure it has nothing to do with the paid J ticket.
Thanks - agree with everything you said . It's funny, LH has gained zero additional goodwill from this because I have found that constantly trying to screw the customer however way they can (for years now). Whether its zero award availability, very draconian rules for changes during flight cancelations, or the general sense of "I'm doing you a favor" attitude from their agents, I really can't stand them. The last agent I spoke to gave me a long lecture about how first class award tickets are "free" because you don't pay for the miles. Right...

That said, I made sure to never say "I won't ever fly LH/LX again" because ultimately if their flight times and pricing are more convenient/better than competitors then that's what I'm going to do. But once I use these miles, I am very much done with M&M. I don't think they will miss me very much .