FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Be aware: LH not following their own T&C rules for cancelled award tickets
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:12 pm
NYC1

Originally Posted by callmedtop
To close the loop, I gave up after getting rejected twice back in Feb/Mar 2022. I woke up this AM to this email:

"We value you very much as a participant and want you to be able to use your miles as you wish. Therefore we have reinstated the expired miles to your and your wifes account and extended the validity of the miles. They are now valid until the 30th of June 2022. Please note that this adjustment does not provide a separate notice of this mileage expiry."

Didn't see that coming. Miles are back in my account, though the dates for both of my upcoming trips over the next 12 months have zero F availability. Need to figure something out before June.

I can't imagine this is the reason why, but I did coincidently buy a paid J ticket on Swiss three days ago.
Amazing and congratulations! I'd keep checking for availability--I'd also call in because sometimes availability on the site and phone are not the same. If you can't find it by 6/30, make dummy reservations in C as late as possible in 2023 and keep tracking for F availability and if it opens up cancel/rebook AT THE SAME TIME via phone.

PS I am sure it has nothing to do with the paid J ticket.