FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:55 pm
tphuang

Originally Posted by dtremit
Not disagreeing with you in the least — but on top of that, does Robin actually do anything? Even when there are meltdowns, you barely see his name mentioned.

Even if Joanna were one of the best execs in the world, asking her to be in charge of operations, president, and de facto CEO seems like a lot.

Sadly I think the NK bid makes the chance of anyone being run out of town for the recent delays even lower -- they have to save face.
If you listen to her on these earning calls, I really don't quite understand what she does on a day to day basis. She doesn't seem to handle the costs or the revenue or route planning side of things. I think Robin is still more in strategic vision side of things, whatever that means.

Everything under her control is a disaster. Overall, this ultimately falls on the board. They made a decision to elevate her and it's a terrible decision. I think things would be a lot better if they bring someone in from the outside to replace Robin and let that person figure out who to keep around.