FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)
Old Apr 11, 2022, 11:04 pm
canadianhockey91

Programs: Air Canada-Aeroplan, NEXUS, E50K, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Smiley90
All sounds correct.

How were you planning to route CPT-SEZ that it threw an error? Something like CPT-ADD-SEZ//STOP//-AUH-IAD should theoretically be doable. I'm doing something very similar this summer (but MRU instead of SEZ )
the problem was the SEZ-AUH segment. They couldnt pull the seats on the flight to make it within 24 hours for AUH-IAD in F. Ghost seats.

I had:
IAD-AUH-JNB stop
JNB-CPT turnaround
CPT-ADD-SEZ stop
SEZ-AUH-IAD

Originally I was hoping to make more than one stop but was confused because it's been so long since I've booked. I thought people were clamoring about how new AP you could book multiple stops for 5k each up to the max segments per direction so was trying to get a stop in sez and auh. Didnt realize it was the same as before with one stop each way plus POT.

ended up trying to just to the above but the sez-auh segment even in Y was unavailable.

I was on the phone for 2 hours so finally was able to at least do the open jaw and cut my losses. cuz they were able to get the SEZ-AUH segment just on a diff day.

Then planned on paying cash for CPT-SEZ buuuut had 140k rbc pts lying around idle so converted to avios and now JNB-DOH-SEZ one way in J 788 so not qsuites but still nice.

Overall pretty happy but cherry on top will be somehow getting LH F and a rubber duck in the F terminal.