FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:39 pm
casey89

Programs: OW Emerald / BAEC Gold
Hi all,
not sure if this is the right thread (please forward me to the correct one if it is wrong, but I have about 105.000 Avios in the household account and I am missing about +-300 tier points to the BAEC Gold right now. I don't need the Gold status at all costs but I would like to plan one more trip this year to California (actually I have never been on award flight before).
From mid-September to end of the October to SFO or LAX and if by any chance I could fly-in to one city fly-back from the other one it would be just perfect (LAS is also great). The problem is when I try to search for the award flight I get really non-sense offers (like 300.000 avios + 2.000 GBP in charges) etc. Am I doing something wrong or is this the kind of fares you get when you want to buy an award flight? I am really willing to pay some fares to fly at least in WTP one leg and the other one in CW.