FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)
Old Apr 11, 2022, 12:58 pm
ramcm7

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; JX: Explorer; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by 355F1
IDK if this has been mentioned but in case it hasn't I will rant here.

I had an offer in my Barclay profile to upgrade to the Silver, which I accepted on March 27th.

I have used the BIZ Aviator card every year to get $3k EQDs for $25k in spend but since that is gone I have no need for this anymore. I figured switching to Silver would let me get some extra LPs with $20 or $40k in spend.

After I accepted the offer it said I would get the Silver card in the mail in 7-10 business days, which was fine as I was planning on spending $30k on it next week on Tax Day.

2 weeks later....I still don't have a card and call in to figure out where the card is.

I learned that the new Silver card AND the benefits do not start until your next statement date, which would be April 21st in my case.

So yeah...I wanted to simply warn people that if you upgrade your card you will NOT get the new card sent out until your NEXT STATEMENT DATE.

2 thumbs down for Barclays.

Should we add this info to the Wiki?
Are you upgrading from the Business card to a personal Silver or from another personal card? When I upgraded from Red to Silver in January 2020, all the spending (albeit only half a month) stayed with the account and rolled over to the Silver. Kept the same number, so I didn't lose out on any YTD spend accumulation. It's not a bug. It's a feature.