FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TUN-DOH Oman Air
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2022, 8:17 am
wijibintheair

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Oman Air's A333 business cabin layout is much more attractive than QR's. If it weren't for the limited Sinbad programme, I'd happily use WY more often.

But QR's version is hardly hell on wings: I've no idea why you are quite so set against it.

I don't know if you need to fly TUN DOH or are just making the trip for the heck of it + TPs. But if the latter, and you are a gambler, the Cairo fares should suit you better - with a chance of Qsuites and al Safwa at Doha airport. And if you need to position for the QR-experience, Cairo is easier to get to than Tunis.
I am not so "set against it" as I have never flown one of their A330s and am simply going by what has been said here on Flyertalk. Thanks for the Cairo suggestion - I had discounted Cairo as I was wanting to do a stopover in Doha for a couple of days as part of the ticket and Egypt is one of the few countries that was still showing as a red list country for Qatar in terms of PCR test requirements etc. The other part was I have never visited Tunis before, would love to see Carthage and there are easy non-stop LHR-TUN flights that would fit with timings. Really appreciate the Cairo heads up though.