FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:48 pm
GagaPilot

Programs: DL DM
Not a Good Meal

Just wrapped up a 6 segment international trip, and overall I was satisfied with all the meals on the trip, except the final meal on the last segment, SEA-ANC. By far the worst meal and worst crew of the entire trip.

Choices were a Beef Brisket, Roasted Chicken, or Risotto with Brussels Sprouts.

I chose the risotto, and my husband chose the brisket. Both were inedible. My risotto was extremely dry, had more of a taste/texture of oatmeal, and the pumpkin was an odd addition. The Brussels sprouts were OK. Honestly a plate of them would’ve been better. The cheesecake was warm and soggy.

My husband’s brisket was dry and way over cooked. We had excellent brisket on one of our D1 flights and this was horrid in comparison.

The flight crew was ATL based and the flight leader performed the worst service in F I’ve seen since service resumed. No description of the dishes other than “beef, chicken, or risotto.” Also every passenger was met with a “Any food for you?” Eye rolls and sighs when each passenger replied yes.

Bottom line this crew was obviously burnt out and having a bad day. It didn’t help one F passenger boarded the plane obviously way too intoxicated to fly, and I was shocked we didn’t go back to the gate. About halfway in the flight he was removed from F and sent back to Y.

One refill of drinks offered, but no water passes or snack basket. Having had good service on the other five segments I can overlook this one and let it go, but if this was someone’s first or rare F experience, it was an absolute embarrassment.