FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ‘FLUB’ class: travel in First (F) cabin but with Club (J) service on 4-class aircraft
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:56 am
NicholasMAN

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
this seems to be the best advice because with covid load fluctuations are common and you might end up moving forward only to be put back into poor seats. If the front cabin is open I'm sure as GGL you'll get moved forward but this might happen in the 24 hours before departure, the advice is to do olci early but don’t download the boarding pass.
Having been FLUB'd on the BA58 a couple of nights ago, I would support this approach. The F cabin was unavailable right up until I checked in just after T-24. It was also showing as being blocked off on Expert Flyer on the day of the flight. I'd been regularly checking the situation in the days leading up to the flight (T-72, T-48, T-24) and nothing was opening up.

We'd been allocated 16A and 16B right at the back of the OCW cabin, as that was all that was left when we booked, and so were keen to move to the F cabin if possible.

I took the advice of firstlight and checked in but did not download our boarding passes.

I am GCH and OH is SCH, and when we arrived at check in we had "automatically" been re-assigned to 2E and 2F - presumably on status / CIV basis.

Hope this helps others in similar circumstances - especially on this route as it appears that the BA58/9 rotation is FLUB'd pretty constantly at the moment due to high load factors and capacity being reduced from 2 x 772s to 1 x 773 since 27th March.