FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United to partner with Virgin Australia -- UA elite benefits starting 23 May 2022
Old Apr 5, 2022, 8:09 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by findark
It's extremely smooth and I've never understood the hysteria about I/D connections at SYD - probably just caused by the "oh no, it's a different airport (basically)". QF and VA (don't know about JQ) have recheck desks as you exit customs landside at SYD international and then they put you on a bus straight to the domestic terminal.

MCT is 2h00 to VA and 1h30 to QF (from UA) and I would be comfortable with that, doubly so if connecting to SYD-MEL in the morning which is more of a train service in terms of frequency

IIRC the last time I connected in SYD, I allowed 4h00 for a split-ticket connection and with everything on time it took me about 75 minutes to go from the arrival gate to the VA lounge in T3.

As mentioned, not much specific info on the partnership yet. I assume your SYD-MEL is in Y? Otherwise you would obviously have VA lounge access.
Correct! SYD-MEL is in Y. I do have SQ PPS status, so will have VA lounge access.

Thank you for sharing your transit experience. Hope the VA lounge is nice enough (and have a shower) to spend the long transit time.