FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:41 pm
happiest_at_40000

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Visconti
I had forgotten about this but now I do recall a shift away from moving SE Asia flights to DFW. So, yeah, in this case, there's even less motivation to open up LAX's FFD.

RE: FD Access

Though things my have changed (for instance, I wasn't aware at any time in the past that AA F had access to LHR's Concorde Lounge), the qualifying non-AA "international routes" for FD, at least in my experience, had been very limited. For instance, CX F from JFK - HKG would qualify for FD but, say, JL (or, any other OW F) F on the same route would not. In CX's case, I'd imagine it was because their JFK HK flights departed from T8 in JFK and they were willing to pay for it.
With the new rule they put on the 28th now any OW carrier can access although how does that work if you are not in the same terminal, i.e. JL F from JFK.. This rule chance really doesnt mean much until LAX FFD opens b/c then you have fairly easy access w/ a 10 min walk from Bradley.

I'd like to get some clarification on the new rule, as mentioned above.

AA has so many rules for FFD, FL, & FFCI I doubt they even can remember them, no wonder its such a mess w/ all the wrong denials & confusion.