FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt SFO REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2022, 11:47 am
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Since there's no Park Hyatt level Hyatt property in San Francisco, we decided to try this new Grand Hyatt at SFO, though we're on a road trip from LA. Some nice things about it: valet parking will charge your EV for you, the hotel itself is in the updated, modern Hyatt style which my wife and I love - rooms have a ton of very nice, thoughtful touches. Soundproofing is absolutely perfect - zero airport noise at all inside the hotel. However, because it's an airport hotel there's no pool, and honestly we were somewhat underwhelmed by the food quality - our Globalist breakfast was just okay. On the plus side my wife had an omelette with potatoes that were quite good, but my bagel with salmon was pretty ordinary; the bagel was not that great, it wasn't toasted enough, I've had much better at other Hyatt hotels in California. I had a yogurt parfait the next day that was pretty blah, my wife's avocado toast was just so-so, etc. Just in general not a very premium experience. The Grand Club was a nice place to relax in the evening after a dinner with friends, spacious and mostly empty late at night, with some snacks (chips, etc.), but the tea machine made the water way too lukewarm to get a good tea (in fact the in room hot water was much better!). Overall I won't likely stay here again, I think the Regency in downtown SF, though it's a little dated, was a better experience, with much better food and overall a more fun experience (and they say they are going to update the rooms there soon, so that might be worth checking out again later).