FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walked via email today for a stay starting wednesday
Old Apr 2, 2022, 4:35 pm
1mileman

Originally Posted by BJfly
Dear Flytalk Marriott experts. I have an upcoming 3 night stay at a Marriott Marquis property 4 nights from now. They just sent me an email that they can’t accommodate me the first night and have made a reservation at a property next door for me, which they will cover. I looked at the ultimate guarantee and it appears that I am also supposed to get $200 and 90k points. Can anyone tell me if that is supposed to apply, or if it will not because there is some advanced notice. My status is only “gold”, not sure if that plays into the equation. Also my res in the app still shows the original arrival date. Thank you for the advice.

BJfly
Technically it is not a walk as it is advanced notice but they are covering your room and tax the 1st night. You could invoke the ultimate guarantee and see where that goes for you but since it is next door and probably not a hassle for transportation it may not necessarily be worth it.