FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How are infants screened?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2004, 1:09 pm
Emmasmum

Originally Posted by AArlington
And that, ladies and gentlemen, typifies the lunacy that is the SSSS program as we know it. Baby aside, it is ridiculous to SSSS one person in a traveling party and not SSSS the entire party. It is likewise ridiculous to SSSS a child simply because the child's mother was SSSS'd and the father wasn't there (who possibly was not SSSS'd) to carry the kid through.

Yes, so TSA and DHS can appear (since this is all about apperarances anyway) politically correct, random (as in a computer chose you based upone a secret profile (one way ticket, anyone?) people must be SSSS'd from time to time. To subject babies to this lame BS of an appearance is simply wrong; especially of the reason for selection is because the mother/father was SSSS'd and the baby couldn't go through the metal detector on his/her own. (This assumes that they were secondaroed based upon SSSS and not upon alarming the detector).

(And myrgirl, I do appreciate your respnse. My reply is directed at "the system" which requires reform, and not at you personally).

Pardon my ignorance but what does SSSS mean?