FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:58 am
celsdon

Originally Posted by billinghamn
To anyone who has experienced a delay in receiving your card in the post and therefore reduced timescales to earn your bonus, drop an email to [email protected], requesting a formal complaint be logged.

Explain when you applied, when you received your card, the official deadline date for earning your bonus (available on the app). Calculate what proportion of the month you have lost the opportunity to spend towards your bonus (for me it was 1 week).

In my email I made it clear that to resolve the complaint they needed to extend my welcome bonus target date and refund me £5 (for the proportion of the £20 monthly fee).

Within a week, I received a letter confirming refund of £5 plus a £25 goodwill gesture, all credited to my account.
Thanks for this recommendation - they offered to waive the first month charge for me, since they already offered the 5000 Avios for the issues which I'm happy with.

Interestingly, the agent on the phone blamed the 'manufacturer' of the cards for the delays in processing of the new cards. Though this may be an issue, it doesn't explain all the problems people are having with their applications & poor postage experience!