FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA seat assignment loss / change / glitch / problem / FAM (master thread)
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:14 am
MASTERNC

This is getting a little nerve wracking. There are no seats together except in the very last row. One of the blocked seats is now occupied (despite never being released - I have EF seat alerts). I got my fiancée a middle seat that popped up not in the last row, but I am still unassigned. Now I'm getting the offers to move to different flight, likely because it's overbooked. All the alternate flights arrive too late for my event Saturday night, so I have to be on this plane (same with nearly everyone else on this flight, I imagine). Hoping one of these seats not in the back row is released or that I don't get bumped (despite assurances from AA that I will be on this flight).

Would AA Gold give me any priority for the remaining seats?

UPDATE: Just got an EF seat alert for a window seat a row up from my fiancée and successfully put myself in it. Subscribed to EF for all the schedule changes I've already experienced but this feature just made having the subscription even more valuable.

Last edited by MASTERNC; Mar 31, 2022 at 12:44 pm