FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA-Schedule changes {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:18 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NYC2SGN
Not sure if this is the right thread, but it's about aircraft type assigned to specific routes this summer.

I've been looking at UA2435's limited history for the past two weeks, and it looks like the route has been flown by a variety of widebodies (788, 789, 766, 77W). I'm assuming that would be the case year round, since IAD-SFO is a hub-hub flight. But when I look at the schedule starting from 5/5 onward it becomes a narrowbody. I know it's too far out to know what will end up flying that route (seems like it could end up with any aircraft capable of flying that distance), but does anyone have insight into flying IAD-SFO over the summer? I would assume they'd have widebodies on these flights --unless they need larger aircraft for other routes.
I'll admit to not looking at this route too much, but from the time's I have, and going back well before pandemic, the consistent widebodies on this route were eastbound in the morning (I think ~8am from SFO), and westbound in the afternoon (~5/5:30). Been on it in both directions once or twice.

And these can change. the first morning SFO-ORD (~7am, but I think its been closer to 6:30 in the last few months) used to be a Polaris 772, but went to a 739 a little earlier this year. I think when I saw that, they actually added an earlier one also ~5:30, also on a narrow body.