FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 29 Mar 2022 : Introduction of Dynamic award pricing and removal of award chart
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:04 pm
Johnny Rocket

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Originally Posted by hphreak
I booked a St Regis GV last night before the new rates are loaded, and it quoted at the 400k points for 5 nights, and I pressed "confirm booking" but there was an error on the website and couldn't load the final page to deduct my points and couldn't reach hotline. I had enough points for the 400k redemption but it just wouldn't load. But this morning (HK time), it showed up in "My Trips" but as a point advance with the new increased rate of 463k. This is absolute insanity. Why did it pop up and error and didn't go through when I had enough points and but now shows as a point advance even though I did nothing further with the booking? I'll try to contact marriott to see if they can confirm my booking at the original 400k.
This has been happening to a LOT of people!

Marriott over the last few days were pushing bookings through as 'points advance' even if members had a plentiful amount of Points in their account.

For many, there was no way of even knowing unless they looked extremely carefully at their reservation where you are given the option to have the points deducted closer to the time or immediately.

Deliberate or just bad IT?