FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Buy up / Boost for 2021-2
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2022, 3:05 pm
fwdlink

Programs: AA P, UA PP, LH FT, IHG G, Hilton G, BW P
Wink

Originally Posted by fwdlink
So I had an offer for either Gold or Platinum, the Platinum was $1,000 and some change, I decided this morning I'd go for it as we'd make use of the MCE benefits etc. However I went onto the site and my offer is gone, it says no offers available. However oddly the offer for my better half and kiddo is still there for their accounts respectively.

Has anyone else seen their offer dissapear? I was thinking that in worst case scenario it would have dissapeared on 31st March, but not today.
So I have to follow up to be fair to AA, and hold my hand up to say that much to my surprise as I looked closer at my account AA has extended my platinum status without notification, must have happened overnight, I'm very pleasantly surprised and equally grateful for the recognition. I just started back travelling for business and have a few hefty costing tickets booked so perhaps this helped. What is annoying is I didn't see this because this new dashboard is in my view a bit of a mess and the status expiration is in small print where I didn't see it.

I still have the problem with flights posting with method distance to solve, but one thing out of the way, now I need the 8x multiplier!

So those mentioning status extension queries further up the thread, you just might be in luck. United extended my status without me doing anything or flying a single mile in the last year, so perhaps AA seletively following suite.