FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dumbest Leisure Itinerary You Deliberately Booked? Europe for a day worth doing?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 3:26 pm
catbox9

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Dumbest Leisure Itinerary You Deliberately Booked? Europe for a day worth doing?

So I'm quite tempted to book something quite stupid, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever booked anything equally absurd...

I'm traveling SBP-DEN-EWR-DUB on 4/5 arriving in Dublin, Ireland on 4/6 at 7:00 AM. My dad was very proud of his Irish heritage and for his would-be 80th birthday, I want to go to his favorite bar in the world (O'Donoghue's) to celebrate his memory. I have tried to do this in the past, but COVID messed that up a bit and I haven't actually been in Dublin for his birthday since 2017 (75th birthday).

I am also a very big college hockey fan and my favorite team, the University of Michigan, has qualified for the Frozen Four which takes place on 4/7 and 4/9. I am strongly considering flying DUB-BOS on 4/7 at 11AM, staying in Boston long enough for the games, and then flying back to Boston on either 4/10 or 4/8 depending on how Michigan does in their game.

Ignoring financial aspects, this is stupid, right?

I will be flying home from Dublin on 4/20.

The start and end dates of this trip are non-negotiable and under no circumstances will I not go to Dublin on 4/6.