FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:00 am
ryanbriar

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Comparison to DL One

Mostly on topic…I flew on international Delta One last week for the first time to use GUCs I obtained from their 2020 diamond challenge (the payback for a 16 segment run has been insane) and the Flagship food is definitely better than DL One. Figured I’d share a few datapoints.

I felt that the food, including their speciality dishes available by pre-order only, were very bland. No wines / champagnes listed on the menu (trivial, but nice to know what you can select), and their service flow is such that they clear the tray for the main course, which requires putting the utensils on the table. Again, trivial but seems like something they could change or do what AA does and provide a ton of silverware.

Breakfast kicked off very early (90 minutes out of Madrid).

Champagne ran out after one bottle, so it’s good to know that cutting corners on drink provisioning isn’t just an AA issue

Food won’t be great on any of the US carriers, but AA > DL from my perspective.

Other comments:

We were on a legacy 763 so the hard product was definitely a few notches below AA’s various configurations.

Delta needs to address their premium lounge offering at T4 JFK. Totally mobbed on a Thursday evening (I believe I saw something that they are building a new lounge).

Crew in both directions was pretty good, though the pursuer on the return was a tad pushy and nearly lost my fiancée’s air pods by knocking them off the armrest table when she went to set her seat to landing mode (seat was already as far up as it could go and was semi broken).