FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeromexico: LHR to YVR from £1,595 and earn 6392 MQDs or 120 XPs!
Old Mar 26, 2022, 2:37 pm
jfkeze

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Originally Posted by AxelJF
Nice find! Surely in alignment with the reopening of their MEX-LHR flights.

Just be very careful with such a plan! While it is possible, you better schedule in as much as time as possible for your nerves' sake (or a night if the rules allow for it). If you arrive in MEX at time with many other international flights you can easily spend an hour at immigration. Getting to Zocalo within an hour is very ambitious, whether metro (often so packed that you can't even get on) or car. It takes you probably a good two hours to get out to Teotihuacán and another two to get back, which can also go up depending on traffic (which is a nightmare in CDMX). You can spend at least two hours in Teotihuacán, the area is rather big, and includes lots of waiting if you do it with a tour. Just saying. Plan big if you intend to do this.
so my memory is fuzzy, I did a JFK-MEX-SJO with Mexicana (feeling old!) landed in MEX at around 6 AM and left 10 PM ish... I remember the Metro to Zocalo, having a breakfast , walking around and then finding a bus to Teotihuacán (think from North Bus Terminal?), somehow sightseeing and still making it back, but it's been a decade... then in 2014 I spent a Saturday to Sunday with a combo of EWR-FRA-MEX LH First with the Lifemiles trick (rest in piece), a night near Polanco which allowed me to hit the Museo Nacional de Antropología easily... on 5 hours you couldn't do anything really but on a 8+ hour, should work for a meal and a museum...

This travel blog puts the car from MEX to Teotihuacan at 50 min or metro at 2 hours