FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Global Upgrades on Delta (GUCs) post 2/1/2022 Changes
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:39 am
Zorak
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by tanglin
We are flying LHR-ATL on DL31 on Friday 4/8. Currently we are in PS using a GUC. However the flight was booked in January, do you think there may be a chance we can use the old policy and upgrade straight into D1? We are currently waitlisted for this but it would be nice to be confirmed. I don't have visibility into the D1 classes available, but there are about 12 open seats on the flight map currently.

Can anyone look at this?

Thanks!
I seriously doubt that you could clear under the old rules even if there were immediate upgrade inventory. The FAQ on the changes says:

https://www.delta.com/us/en/skymiles...llion-upgrades

What if I already requested my Upgrade Certificate to a flight and I am on the waitlist to be cleared?

If you were added to the waitlist for Delta One at the time of requesting to use your Global Upgrade Certificate and are cleared before February 1, 2022, then the current policy would apply. If you are not cleared until on or after February 1, 2022, then the new policy would apply. If you would like to rescind any pending upgrade requests where you are on the waitlist, you may do so by contacting Reservations.
(this was written after the changes were announced but before the changes kicked in, so "current" is in that context)

Originally Posted by tanglin
I don't know about GUC space now, I would not know how to find that out.
Do a flight search (as if you were shopping for a new ticket, but on the same flights) while logged in and see if it says upgrade available with GUC.