FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] AA A/F Fare: CMN-MIA - $741/$1159
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:00 pm
rdlmitedu

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
After 3 tries with chat (about an hour while waiting at the CMN airport) was able to get moved onto MAD-LHR-MIA with AA 57. However, the downgrade to J remained. I tried chat today (there is an empty seat) and was refused reinstatement of A seat because “it will charge a fee”. I was told I could contact CS for a refund for the fare difference but that is probably not worth it. (scrutiny on tickets like this, generally, isn’t great; also possibly a negative refund amount?). I’m crediting to AS so who knows. The BA 209 flight would have been nice but I have stuff I have to do on arrival in MIA tonight. Happy enough to just not be on Iberia.

And actually, as I just checked on the AS partner chart: 150% miles for both A and D, so no benefit to flying in F cabin on this segment from a mileage perspective. Plus while I possibly would have done FFD on arrival in MIA based on connecting to a same-day onward MIA-SJU AA flight (as I did on my November version of this flight in BA F -- FFD in MIA would easily get a Michelin star from me), I'll just fly the following morning and meet up with my friends in Miami as I'd intended. Slightly inferior amenity kit, but more private seat.

Last edited by rdlmitedu; Mar 24, 2022 at 7:32 pm Reason: added FF