FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed connection at JFK, real time request help please
Old Mar 19, 2022, 9:03 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by etiene
Just to point out also that if he was away on business it should be 100% on his employer for extra costs and/or travel insurance claims - literally should be the "price of doing business".
He’s freelance, his clients pay for tickets, hotels, per diems and he charges “travel days”, but that’s it. It’s not a “business trip” in the way you might be thinking it is.
It’s the only time I’ve known for him to be brought over with some kind of premium ticket, usually he’s in the cheapest economy class. Has been the most expensive flights with the most uncomfortable and inconvenient journey.

—-
Will let him know about the Admirals Club, Prospero I don’t think he’ll bite though. I have an unexplained, slightly fetishistic, keen interest and enjoyment for airports and flying, MrLapLap feels the inverse of this… intensely. He approaches every trip with the enthusiasm of Marvin the Paranoid Android and I flit around like Tinkerbell doing my best to sprinkle damage or minor-trauma limitation dust on the itinerary.
Am actually feeling really guilty as I didn’t wade in and get involved with the planning on this occasion, with his Far East trips I’ve always swooped in and vetoed certain transfers and connection times.
A simmering sense of suppressed aggravation waiting for the next disappointment is his default setting, he’s oddly comfortable when he’s uncomfortable. As long as things don’t descend into crisis and he’s had something to eat, that’s all I can wish for him.
I try not to travel with him.

Last edited by LapLap; Mar 19, 2022 at 9:20 am