FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:44 pm
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Okay, apparently the exception confirms the norm regarding Finns and being a travelling DYKWIA. Sitting on board AY8 in C and somebody's wife explained during the welcome to the purser how her husband is Platinum and sits in row 21, probably drinking his welcome drink. It felt so cringe. Like, erm, who cares?

If somebody recognises themselves, I can send you a condolence card by mail. I bet she's on an upgrade voucher in C and he gets to suf... enjoy Y. A good reminder why it's great to travel solo and not have some nuisance in tow.

On a sidenote: one chap looks a bit like what I would assume could be someone like kauppias. It would be amusing to casually chat frequent flying now with somebody like e.g. kauppias or cistavoda to indirectly hint to the DYKWIA that perhaps she's a bit cringe with some status nonsense.

A dashingly handsome gentleman onboard I see 😀😀 but I guess there are two of us as I am sitting with Lonkero inhand at the Schengen lounge 😀😀

Perhaps the DYKWMHI was hinting that her husband should get a complimentary upgrade to the seat next to her 🤣😀 I have heard those conversations quite often...

Funny enough, some of the best DYKWIA moments have been of Silver and Gold members 😀😀😀

I remember one time a SK silver came rushing to the front of the boarding line and past me to say she is SAS silver and has the highest priority, 🤣🤣😀 not being in a hurry I just smiled, then the gate agent said they are boarding Diamonds now if she could kindly move to the back of the line 😀😀😀😀

It was quite a walk of shame as it was one of those ARN-CPH flights where pretty much everyone had priority boarding and Plus was half the plane 🤣