FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistency in Admirals Club admittance as a minor.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 7:45 pm
keyw

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by js1993
Almost no chance of this being true. The starting number for lawsuits these days against a company like AA is in seven figures. You'd have to be EXP for ~30 years for AA to break even, and that's before we get to AA's actual profit margin on EXP spend.

Why would AA un-flag your account if the executive team just called to decline your request?

For that matter, are you sure you've been targeted specifically? Perhaps AA updated their AC systems to deny access to anyone under 18 traveling alone when the b.p. is scanned? (Seems like that would have always been in place, but with AA, who knows?)
30 years is definitely possible depending on the field I go into. Either way, I am definitely one of the lower profit EPs regardless of spend because I generally take relatively cheap flights and a lot of the times 2 stops.

The account was un flagged while I was stranded in MIA, it was just my account. The agent showed me the flag and it showed basically that I was an infant. The rebooking line was 100+ people long even at 11pm so I went to the AC to see what accommodations they would offer. She said something along the lines of I have to remove this so I can help you and she did. It was a simple agent flag from what I could tell. She also, like many I have talked with, agreed I should be allowed in. Lounge was closed at that time so I did not enter obviously, but the front lobby was still staffed. The following day I went to go into the AC after showering in the Turkish Lounge because I figured that was the absolute least they could do after leaving me in the Miami airport overnight. I was let in with no issue. It was definitely a targeted flag rather than a systemwide one. It would make a lot of sense for a systemwide one in place but my guess is it is such a small number of people it is not worth AAs time.