FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard Avios and Avios Plus credit cards
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:35 pm
CrazyLilBlondie

Programs: BAEC
So just got off the phone to Barclaycard in what was the most painful customer service call i've ever had, which went on for 2 whole hours. The customer service operator couldnt access my account so had to MESSAGE another department. So the whole conversation had to go through him, whilst he typed back and fourth to a third party, repeating what i was saying. First they couldnt find my account. Then they said the card was sent on 1st March, its now been cancelled and resent - so i should expect it in 5 business working day - basically the 21st March! Three weeks from ordering. They refuse to extend the timeframe of collecting the £3k for avios, meaning i only have 2 months to make my spend basically. They claim it was "lost in the post" - yes mine and hundreds of others, i dont think so! On the plus they are refunding the first months £20 fee. I asked to escalate to make a formal complaint - they said they can't do that as on his system i dont exist. Absolute joke of a company