FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt and MGM questions
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2022, 8:01 am
lAzyTraveler

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jediwho
A few questions on Hyatt/MGM. I am thinking about booking one of the MGM properties for a couple of days. Resort fees are actually more than the room rate — $79 vs $66. Only $33 due right now. If my understanding is correct, I will have to pay $112 at check in and then $79 (resort fee) will be reimbursed at check out for MGM Gold, correct? Second, would I get bonus points for using the Hyatt card? And third, how long does it take for the elite credits and points to post to my Hyatt account?
I stayed at Bellagio and MGM Grand last month, Bellagio removed the resort fee at check-out but MGM did it at check-in.

Which bonus points? If you are talking about 4 points per $1 spend using Hyatt CC, I don’t think you get that.
Or are you talking about 30% Globalist bonus points?

I got my points/elite credit for MGM Grand within a week after checking out. This was booked via Hyatt.com.
For Bellagio, I used FHR and I’m still waiting for the points/credit to be posted. It’s been about 3 weeks since I checked out.
I usually get the points/credit at least 30 days after checking out if reservations are booked through MGM/Mlife.