FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - will UA allow my recently deceased father's gold status be transferred to my mother?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:00 pm
HibernateNow

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Transfer miles yes, transfer status -- have never heard that happening

MM companion is the only case of UA providing status to anothe family member.
since my father passed recently, I have learned that so many thing can and do happen after death.

the word that I've encountered the most must be YMMV.

After contacting UA and speaking with a very nice and sympathetic agent, my father's Premier Gold status was "transferred" to my mother. She looked at my father's continuous record of being Gold for the last 17 years. Actually, "transferred" was not how they did it. They just conferred Premier Gold status on my mother's account as a goodwill gesture.(for 2022 only, obviously) They didn't have to do it... but they did... it goes a long way to show me that someone at United does care.

Like I said... YMMV. Don't get me started on how Citibank has so far absolutely refused to honor the ThankYou points after his death. (having spent over 1.2 million over 20 years and accumulating all those points, unused) All gone at the moment he passed away, at least that what Citibank is still insisting after numerous contacts.