FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 upper deck - seat selection
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:33 pm
ma930407

Originally Posted by arxxxx
I have travelled 9 times on the A380 LHR route and I loved to sit on 26K(4 times), as I can keep my personal items inside the little locker and I can put a cup of tea and my computer mouse when I am working on top of the locker.
31K is usually quite busy after take off as people may wait somewhere next to your seat for using the WC and the galley is also there as well. Cabin crew may get a bit noisy chatting between meal services.

It would be great if anyone can provide some thoughts on my little stupid question.
One aspect that people love travelling on the A380 upper deck is becasue there is a little locker next to the window seats. Some QR aircraft had a sticker that max load of 7kg and some of them are stated no storage in that compartment.
Last time I travelled on the A380 in September 2019, I chose 26K as usual and put my personal items inside the little locker, then I close that for takeoff. When I tried to open it again, it jammed in the closed position. I then informed the cabin crew, he said it is not supposed to store anything and the passenger sat behind me said the same thing as well. Luckily, the locker can open after 15 minutes. Or else, they will to call the maintenance team come up and the flight will be ending up delay. The cabin crew mentioned that he was the first time to work on the A380 and going to the UK.
Thanks a lot. Any difference between row 26 and row 27 on upper deck economy?