FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread (2020-2022)
Old Mar 9, 2022, 3:18 pm
skimthetrees

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by jch636
I just checked Alaska's website and JL awards are still there, so it must be lack of available award seats for whatever dates you are checking. Try Jan 24, 2023 for example - flights from ORD, JFK are all available in economy and business.
Via connections through other cities, yes. Non-stop - no. No non-stop JL on the schedule ORD-NRT or NYC-NRT in January, only to HND.

Originally Posted by Cthunder86
sorry I meant they removed JL as a whole. I looked from ORD/JFK to NRT from fall to early next year and nothing .
Perhaps you were not aware there are two airports in Tokyo? NRT and HND both serve Tokyo and JAL does not fly non-stops from ORD or JFK to NRT in January, only to HND. So if you are looking for non-stops to NRT from those cities you won't find any. Search using the city code TYO for your destination which will search for both NRT and HND, or search only for HND and you should see the non-stop availability. If you really need to land in NRT instead of HND then, as jch636 mentions, you should be able to find routings on many days via connections.