FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points
Old Mar 8, 2022, 8:14 am
LovePrunes

Another data point: I Just got my 10k LPs posted for a stay from BookAAHotels. I chose the "pay more $, get more miles" rate for my room type, but I did NOT choose the "get even more miles" at checkout.
Everything posted as base miles, no bonus miles whatsoever. Price difference was about $30 for what I recall was 2,000 extra miles per night for 2 nights, so about $0.015 per LP as others have reported.
I actually needed to stay near this hotel for a conference anyway, and my usual status hotels for Hilton/Marriott were already full and well above the rate I got. I gladly forfeited top-tier benefits at a higher price for my 10k LPs, which is probably exactly what AA intended, to move spending to their partners in exchange for LPs when I modify my behavior.
Everything posted as one line item "Promotion Bonus", not two separate line items when showing up on AA.com and clicking into details for the LP posting.

I bought a non refundable rate, and got the 10k of award miles backdated to the date of hotel purchase. I got a separate deposit of 10k LPs in March with the current date . So one stay showed up as 3 postings, all base LPs and RDMs. The award miles posted as 2 separate deposits: one for the basic RDM earnings, and then another RDM deposit for the "buy more pay more" rate, also as base miles. The LP deposit is listed as "Promotion Bonus." All in all, 3 separate transactions posted all at once today, but 2 were backdated (RDM)

Last edited by LovePrunes; Mar 8, 2022 at 8:26 am