FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WoH Credit card! [Launched 2018] (Chase)
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2022, 3:32 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Wait...is the 5 points/$1 a promo you have to register for? I didn't see anything like that recently. I know in the height of the pandemic there were a bunch of random bonuses that popped up.

In terms of your EQNs, I don't have a firm answer, but based on the timing of everything, it doesn't really matter if you still have it on your WOH account versus if you have it later? I mean if they do claw it back, it shouldn't be a big deal to just spend back up to the 5K limit to get the 2 EQNs back right?
Thank you for your reply. First question answered already.

Second questions (“… have it later? and … spend back up to the 5K limit …?”), that’s why I asked and why I changed the deposit from the personal card to the biz card. I don’t plan to spend back to the 5K threshold for the personal card, probably end up several hundred $$ short, would rather put the spend on the biz card toward the 10K threshold.

My gut is that it will not be clawed back, some credit card spend based bonuses do not include returns in the calculation.