FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Globalist best room available - including standard suites - 2022 onward
Old Mar 7, 2022, 6:52 am
BritBoyInFL

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Hyatt Regency, Manchester, UK
Booked standard King using points (great vlaue for >$250 room rate)
Upon checking in advised I'd been 'upgrade' to Club Access King (woo hoooooo = sarcasm). I mentioned the Regency Suite showed as being available earlier in the day, the agent said it wasn't now. The desk 'manager' to the side of us overhead the conversation and said 'let me check'. She then confirmed it was available and I would be allocated that room. Was available for $650 that night

More and more, I think us Globalists that haven't established a relationship with a property, just need to be well prepared to 'discuss' suite availability when checking in, to ensure we have a fair chance of getting the benefits we've earned. Otherwise, we'll just get what's in the best interests of the property.

Other than this, the property is GREAT and VERY WELL RUN, with a PROPER HYATT breakfast service !