FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA/G3: JFK to Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia from $1212
Old Mar 6, 2022, 6:50 am
dls25

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Thank you! I had tried BWM prior to posting here. It linked to OneTravel and Priceline, but neither populated. I was also trying PowerTools via ITA to load it directly to AA.com.

Just wanted to follow up and say I was able to get it booked - as an open jaw! So leaving from ANC and back into HNL. Let’s hope AA brings Flagship service back to ANC-DFW?

The key was - after finding the flights I wanted - searching for them as married segments from ANC to VVI, and vv, instead of separating segments out. When I did so, the initial booking I wanted that skipped MIA and went ANC/DFW/GRU was available, but >$200 per ticket more!

So I added the connection in Miami in each direction and it confirmed and has now ticketed (R class all the way except for L class on GOL)

Does anyone know a cheap way to fly intra-South America? Is it like Africa where people on the continent can get much cheaper tickets than buying online from another country?

I am looking to go either VVI-GRU or similar. I also have some miles and am wondering if DL miles on Latam could get me there. Any other thoughts/suggestions much appreciated! (If there is an eligible change to the itinerary, would AA ever consider popping GRU-VVI-GRU off?)

thanks all!
You can use AA miles for GOL but DL/LATAM miles are not useful for Bolivia at the moment. Also be aware of the $160 Visa you will need for Bolivia.